Maxis has recently rolled out a promotion that offers rebates to Maxis Fibre customers if they choose to upgrade their plan. However, the promotion is not being made available to everyone though since it is being offered to selected 30Mbps and 100Mbps customers.
If you are selected, you would then receive an email that looks like this:
While there are plenty of “free upgrade” and “no extra cost” remark mentioned in the promotional e-mail, we recommend you not to press that “Upgrade Me Today” button immediately. This is because it seems that the e-mail seems to be directly linked to your account and by pressing that button means that you directly agree to get the upgrade, without being asked for secondary confirmation.
There are couple of things that you first need to know before pressing that button. We listed them down here in point form, for better visiblity:
- This so-called free upgrade comes in the form of RM 40 rebate for your next bill if you existing 30Mbps customer which will be upgraded to 100Mbps through this promo.
- However, this rebate only applicable for one month. So, if you accept the upgrade this month, then your May 2020 bill will remain RM 89, but you would start paying RM 129 from June onwards.
- If you accept the upgrade via this promo, you must remain with the 100Mbps speed for at least one month, as stated in the promo’s TnC document. You can choose to downgrade back to 30Mbps and cheaper monthly fee only in June.
- For 100Mbps customers, they will be provided with 300Mbps upgrade and RM 20 monthly rebate for the next two months. This means that in you will continue to pay RM 129 per month in May and June but your bill from July onwards would RM 149 per month.
- If you want to revert to 100Mbps and RM 129 monthly fee, you can only do so in July.
So, if you were chosen for this highly targeted promotion by Maxis, do consider all the main points above together with the details mentioned in its TnC document before you proceed. Just take some time to understand them and you don’t really have to rush as the promotion will last until 30 April 2020.
(Thanks for the tipis, Josh HD! // Main image: Blog Uncle Chai.)