TNG Digital has recently extended the support for Touch ‘n Go eWallet integration with physical Touch ‘n Go cards for tolls at Lebuhraya Kemuning – Shah Alam (LKSA) and Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (SMART). Originally introduced last December, this feature was first made available for Duta Ulu-Kelang Expressway (DUKE).
Officially referred to as Pay Direct and also called as “TNG Card” on the app itself, it allows users to utilize the funds inside their TNG eWallet to pay for tolls. In other words, the TNG physical card will still act as the physical payment medium but the toll fares will be deducted from users’ eWallet instead of the physical card itself.
Despite the integration, the funds within the eWallet and physical card are still separated from each other. Hence, deduction from users’ physical card will only take place if there are not enough funds within their eWallet.
Meanwhile, TNG Digital has also revealed a list of highways that will support the feature in the near future:
- Ampang – Kuala Lumpur Elevated Highway (AKLEH)
- Besraya Expressway (BESRAYA)
- Cheras – Kajang Highway (GRANDSAGA)
- Damansara – Puchong Expressway (LDP)
- Guthrie Corridor Expressway (GCE)
- Kajang Dispersal Link Expressway (SILK)
- Kuala Lumpur – Karak Expressway (KLK)
- Kuala Lumpur – Kuala Selangor Expressway (LATAR)
- Lebuhraya Grand Sepadu (GRANDSEPADU)
- Maju Expressway (MEX)
- New Pantai Expressway (NPE)
- Shah Alam Expressway (KESAS)
- Sistem Penyuraian Trafik KL Barat (SPRINT)
However, no exact implementation dates have been provided by TNG Digital in the list which is available in the eWallet app.
(Source: TNG eWallet)