Apple is expected to announce its 2017 iPhones next month, but at which date exactly? According to a new report by Mac4Ever, the launch will be happening on Tuesday, 12 September 2017, and will go on sale on 22 September 2017.
Mac4Ever says that they received their information from several French telcos. It matches Apple’s iPhone launch patterns in the past few years, with the announcement set on a Tuesday or Wednesday in early September, and sales happening on Friday the following week. On top of that, Apple’s financial quarter ends on 30 September 2017, so it makes sense for the Cupertino company to release its latest iPhones before that to boost its iPhone sales figures.
The previous iPhone launch dates were:
- iPhone 5 – announced on Wednesday, 12 September 2012 and released on 21 September 2012
- iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c – announced on Tuesday 10 September 2013 and released on 20 September 2013.
- iPhone 6 – announced on Tuesday, 9 September 2014 and released on 19 September 2014
- iPhone 6s – announced on Wednesday, 9 September 2015 and released on 25 September 2015
- iPhone 7 – announced on Wednesday, 7 September 2016 and released on 16 September 2016
Of course, the launch date applies for the first wave of launch, usually including countries like the U.S., Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, and more. We Malaysians would have to wait a little longer for it to arrive at our shores.