Say goodbye to your productivity. Facebook recently introduced a new Instant Games feature for its Messenger that lets you play games right in your message conversations. Play popular game titles like Pac Man, Space Invaders, Words with Friends, and more with your friends and family.
To start playing, simply tap on the game controller icon on Facebook Messenger, or through the Facebook’s new Instant Games tab. There are 17 games in total, and you can play as a single player, or challenge your friend or a group of friends in Messenger. What makes Instant Games on Messenger unique is, like its name suggests, you can start playing a game instantly; no installs requires. You can even play the games solo right from the News Feed.
Facebook says that this only the beginning. There will be new titles added in the feature, so keep an eye out and start playing away. The games available right now are:
- PAC-MAN (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.)
- Galaga (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.)
- ARKANOID (TAITO CORPORATION)
- SPACE INVADERS (TAITO CORPORATION)
- TRACK & FIELD 100M (Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.)
- Words with Friends: Frenzy (Zynga)
- Shuffle Cats Mini (King)
- EverWing (Blackstorm)
- Hex (FRVR)
- Endless Lake (Spilgames)
- Templar 2048 (Vonvon)
- The Tribez: Puzzle Rush (Game Insight)
- 2020 Connect (Softgames)
- Puzzle Bobble (TAITO CORPORATION / Blackstorm)
- Zookeeper (Kiteretsu)
- Brick Pop (Gamee)
- Wordalot Express (MAG Interactive)
It’s no secret that Facebook has been working on an instant gaming feature on Messenger. The social networking company has introduced several mini games prior to this like basketball game that was released in March, and a football game that was released several months later.
Instant Games is currently being rolled out to 30 countries, and is available on newer iOS and Android platforms.