Gone are the days when desktop PCs are meant to be big and placed on top of desks. In recent years, HTPCs (home theather personal computer) have become more popular for their size and portability. They’re tiny enough to not look out of place in the living room, coupling it with a television via HDMI to be used as a media centre.
We know most of our readers are men, but you could join the contest to win this PC for your bae. The limited edition Acer Revo One Hello Kitty Mini PC is small, cute, and gets the daily computing tasks done. Please don’t ask if it can run Crysis, because the answer is no, it won’t.
Acer teamed up with Sanrio to produce a limited edition Hello Kitty version of the Acer Revo One mini PC, which recently became available in Malaysia in very limited quantities. Thanks to Acer Malaysia, we’re giving away one unit of the highest-end model of the Acer Hello Kitty Revo One mini PC valued at RM2,099, featuring an Intel Core i3-4005 processor coupled with 4GB of DDR3 RAM.
There is no dedicated graphics inside the tiny PC, but the integrated Intel HD graphics is definitely capable of rendering low-requirement games – when the other half isn’t around, you could run a few Dota 2 sessions from your living room. But as a media-centric PC, this Windows 10 Home-powered machine has a 1TB hard drive to store your favourite series and movies. Being a PC, you’ll also get to stream Netflix and iflix seamlessly too.
Connectivity wise, the Acer Revo One mini PC has standard Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, as well as two USB 2.0 ports and two USB 3.0 ports on the back. Other than that, the Revo One mini PC also comes with a pink wireless keyboard and mouse combo to match the overall Hello Kitty theme – allowing you to use them from the comfort of your couch.
So how do you win this? Simple, just follow the instructions below:
- Like Lowyat.NET’s Facebook and Instagram pages, here and here.
- Do a low cost cosplay or best impression of your pet as Hello Kitty. Don’t have a pet cat? Any pet will do. Extra points given for cuteness and creativity.
- Post your photo or video on Facebook, tag our Facebook page and insert the hashtag #LYNxAcerHKitty. We’ll add all entries to a Facebook album for voting.
- Voting starts on the 5th of September on our Facebook album.
- Be sure to set your photo to public so we can see it.
The winner will be chosen based on the total score the entry achieves. 60% of the score will be given based on creativity of the cosplay, while 40% will be given based on the number of likes your photo receives.
So what are you waiting for? Get meowin’ (No, Hello Kitty doesn’t meow.)
Terms and conditions:
1) This contest will run from 29 August 2016 to 12 September 2016. Late entries will not be entertained.
2) This contest is open to all members of the public. Employees of Lowyat MSC and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this contest.
3) Selection of winner will be based on a combination of total likes the entry receives Lowyat.NET’s Facebook page (40%), as well as the editorial team’s choice (60%).
4) There will be no announcement of winners post. The winner will be contacted directly via Facebook after the contest ends.