(UPDATE – 6 May 206AM): The winners have been chosen! Read more below for further information!
Launched into the market last month, the Synology DiskStation DS216j is a network-attached storage (NAS) that is mainly designed for home and personal users. Built with a 1.0GHz Marvell Armada 385 88F6820 dual-core processor and supports Synology’s new DiskStation Manager 6.0 operating system, it can be used for several purposes including centralized storage, media server, and surveillance hub. The newly released NAS is also the subject of our inaugural “Review and Make It Yours” giveaway.
Through this giveaway, three units of Synology DiskStation DS216j inclusive of a hard drive for each unit are up for grabs. Should you be chosen as one of the winners, Synology will then deliver the NAS to your home or premise for you to test out and tell the world what do you think of it on Lowyat.NET main page. Once you are done with the review, you then get to keep the DS216j!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
It is so easy: just let us know through the comment section below on how you would you use the Synology DiskStation DS216j at your home or premise!
Do include your Lowyat.NET Forums user name at the end of the comment, so that we are able to communicate with you if your comments are chosen. Before that, do check out all these essential information regarding our first ever “Review and Make It Yours” giveaway featuring Synology DiskStation DS216j:
- Giveaway submission period: 20 to 27 April 2016.
- Winners will be chosen by Synology within 5 days of deadline.
- The list of winning comments will be announced in this post by 5 May 2016.
- Winners will be contacted through private message on Lowyat.NET Forums at the same time – by 5 May 2016.
- An alert will be posted on our social media channels when the list of winners has been published on this post.
- We aimed to have the Synology DiskStation DS216j to arrive on winners’ hand by 13 May 2016.
- Deadline to submit the reviews and related materials to Lowyat.NET: 5 to 7 June 2016.
- The review must be fair and honest – please keep fanboyism at bay and refrain from going out of topic.
- Alongside the review, winners need to submit at least one personal photo with DS216j, eight hands-on photos, and three screenshots that shows how you interact with DS216j’s interface. Videos are welcomed as well.
- We will provide a list of guidelines that might be able to help winners to come up with their reviews, shall required. Additionally, an editor of Lowyat.NET might communicate regularly with winners in order to assist the review process, shall the need arises.
- The final review that will be published on Lowyat.NET will be a combination of all the reviews from the three winners. While it might be edited for clarity or fact correction, it will remain fair and honest just like how these winners would convey in their review.
Terms and Conditions
- This program is open to all Lowyat.NET readers that reside only in Malaysia.
- Employees of Lowyat MSC and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Participants must have valid Lowyat.NET Forums ID. Duplicate accounts will be disqualified from the program.
- Multiple entries are welcomed as long as they are noticeably different from each other.
- All enquiries and comments that are not related to this giveaway will be discarded from the comment section in order to keep the comment section
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- By commenting (enquiries and clarifications are not counted), you agree to adhere to all of the information mentioned above.
We wish everyone all the best and can’t wait to see your comments!
(UPDATE – 6 May 206AM):
Thank you to everyone that have participated in our first ever “Review and Make It Yours” giveaway featuring the new Synology DiskStation DS216j, powered by the equally new DSM 6.0 operating system. So, it is finally time to announce the winners.
Here are the winning comments as chosen by the team at Synology:
With that, congratulations to seaqcumber, Master Yoshi, and RViN for being the winners! However, that is not all though as Synology has surprisingly decided to send over mystery gifts to five other selected users as token of appreciation for their submission.
So, congratulations to Moogle Stiltzkin, ah_chak, vigneswara, megahertz, and eric_tan as well! All winners have been contacted through private messages on Lowyat.NET Forums, so please check your forum’s inbox.
For the rest, thank you so much for the support and stay tuned for upcoming giveaways here at Lowyat.NET!