Today is possibly the gloomiest April Fools day for Malaysians. With GST officially implemented in the country, we’re seeing price increase everywhere and things is the same for Sony Malaysia. The company has increased the price of all of its Xperia devices in Malaysia including the latest flagships – the Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact and Z3 Tablet Compact.
Effective immediately, the prices of all Xperia devices available in Malaysia have been increased by 6% to reflect GST charges. The Sony Xperia Z3 is now RM2,331 (before this it was RM2,199), Xperia Z3 Compact is RM1,907 (was RM1,799), and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact is RM1,799 (was RM1,699).
Older devices including mid-range and entry-level smartphones are also more expensive now:
- Xperia E4 Dual (Black, White) – RM488
- Xperia E3 (Black, White, Lime) – RM699
- Xperia Z3 (Black, White, Copper, Green, Purple) – RM2,329
- Xperia Z3 Compact (Black, White, Green, Orange) – RM1,899
- Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (Black, White) – RM1,799
- Xperia M2 Aqua (Black, White, Copper) – RM949
- Xperia C3 (Black, White, Mint) – RM949
- Xperia Z2 (Black, White, Purple) – RM1,799
- Xperia T2 Ultra LTE (Black, White, Purple) – RM949
- Xperia Z1 Compact (Black, White, Lime, Pink) – RM1,588
- Xperia Z1 (Black, White, Purple) – RM1,588
All the mentioned smartphones and tablets are available at all Sony Mobile Stores, Sony Centre and authorised retailers nationwide. They can also be purchased on Sony Malaysia’s online store.
(Source: Sony Mobile MY Facebook)