Finally, after waiting for months, it looks like Sony is ready with its Android 5.0 Lollipop for its current flagship smartphones – the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact. Earlier today, the Japanese company wrote a blog post saying that the Lollipop for both devices are currently being rolled out.
Sony will be releasing the Android 5.0 Lollipop for Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact in the Nordics and Baltics region, continuing to further markets. If you’re using an older Xperia Z device, don’t worry, Sony says the update will be available in “around two weeks time”.
So what changes does Android 5.0 bring to Sony’s Xperia UI? Material Design look of course, so expect to see a refreshed interface, as well as new features:
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
Own a Sony Xperia Z3 or Z3 Compact? Let us know when you receive the update.