[Update] Maxis has just confirmed that it has renamed the plan into MaxisONE plan and MaxisONE plan lite. The changes have been reflected in the post.
At the announcement of the new MaxisONE plan postpaid plan, the company has also unveiled a total of eight device bundles on 24-month contracts. All the major flagship devices, such as the HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Sony Xperia Z2 are all available alongside more affordable options such as the Sony Xperia M2 and the Huawei Ascend Y530.
Just like the MaxisONE plan, the new smart device bundles also feature uncomplicated initial payments. For any subscription to the MaxisONE plan or MaxisONE plan lite with a device bundle, the advance payment to be charged is set based on the price of the device, as explained below:
- RRP above RM400: advance payment charged is RM512 or RM312 (four months’ charge of the MaxisONE plan or MaxisONE plan lite respectively)
- RRP below RM400: advance payment charged is RM256 or RM156 (two months’ charge of the MaxisONE plan or MaxisONE plan lite respectively)
These advance payment charges will be rebated equally in customers’ bills over four or two months, depending on the RRP of the device. Hence, the total initial payment would be the advance payment added with the device price. On top of that, if you’ve been a subscriber with Maxis for over a year and posses a good credit record, these charges will also be waived, meaning that you only pay for the device when subscribing.
The devices currently available as part of a bundle with the new MaxisONE plan and MaxisONE plan lite are:
- HTC One (M8): RM1499 with ONEplan, RM1699 with ONEplan Lite
- Sony Xperia Z2: RM1499 with ONEplan, RM1699 with ONEplan Lite
- Samsung Galaxy S5: RM1499 with ONEplan, RM1699 with ONEplan Lite
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3: RM1399 with ONEplan, RM1599 with ONEplan Lite
- HTC One (M7): RM799 with ONEplan, RM999 with ONEplan Lite
- Sony Xperia M2: RM339 with ONEplan, RM539 with ONEplan Lite
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 3: FREE with ONEplan, RM199 with ONEplan Lite
- Huawei Ascend Y530: FREE with ONEplan, RM99 with ONEplan Lite
On top of these rebated device prices, MaxisONE plan subscribers will also get to enjoy an additional RM10 rebate every month for the duration of the 24-month contract when subscribers add 1GB or above with the device purchase on the MaxisONE plan contract.
For the HTC One (M8), Maxis OneClub members will save an additional RM120 (RM10 rebates for 12 months) when you sign up for MaxisONE plan + 1GB add-on data on a 24-month contract, giving a total savings of RM360.
As can be seen for now, the Xiaomi Mi 3 is not yet officially available as a device bundle with the MaxisONE plan, though we’re very certain that information is coming very soon. We’ll be on the lookout for more details on that deal, and update the post when it is confirmed. [Update] The Xiaomi Mi 3 is now available on a 24-month contract with the new MaxisONE plan. More details here.