Now that Facebook has decided to remove the chat feature from its main Facebook App, it looks like the company has been hard to try to improve the Facebook Messenger app to bring more features to users. Facebook just released a version 5.0 update for its Messenger app for iOS, making it easier for users to share photos and videos, an improved search feature, and more.
Available immediately in the App Store, the changes include:
- More ways to message: Everything’s front and center, so it’s easier to send photos, voice messages and more.
- Video: Send videos from your phone’s camera roll and when people send you videos, play them right in the app.
- Instant photo sharing: Take a photo and send it in just one tap, without leaving the conversation.
- Shortcuts to stickers: When someone sends you a sticker, press and hold down on it to get the pack.
- Improved search: Enter the names of people and groups to find them quickly.
- Other fixes, including to stickers and groups.
Do note that with this update, everything you send to friends will be instant, so you will no longer be able to preview them before hand. For example, with Instant Photo Sharing, your picture will be sent right after you capture it, so make sure you don’t load the app by accident and start spamming friends with your media files. Instant sharing applies to pictures taken while chatting, voice recording, as well as sticker.
This Facebook Messenger update is currently only available for iOS users and should be released for Android users within this week. Check your device for an update to the app, or download it from the App Store now.