Maxis recently reported that all of its subscribers who are running on Android platform can now enjoy greater security for their data and device through protection from Norton Mobile Security. The telco is the first telecommunications company in Malaysia to do so, allowing its subscribers to protect their Android devices from digital threats and enabling them to remotely locate, lock and even wipe data from a lost or stolen device.
“With the rapidly growing number of smartphones and devices being offered in the market, there is a higher risk of device and data loss or theft. Our partnership with Symantec is an important step forward in our on-going efforts of building a robust mobile security ecosystem, and reaffirms our commitment to mobile security. The addition of Norton Mobile Security to Maxis Secure suite of security services helps us provide our customers with peace of mind and the much needed protection for their Android devices.” – T Kugan, Head of Digital Services at Maxis.
Maxis customers can subscribe to Norton Mobile Security for Android for only RM1 a week or RM3 a month.
Hit the break to find out more and how you can subscribe to the service immediately.
The features offered includes:
- Anti-Phishing Web Protection – Protects and reports malicious sites that may contain malware. Through this feature, users are protected from malicious websites that could try to steal your personal information.
- Call & Text Blocker – Allows users to block specific people or phone numbers so that users are not disturbed by unwanted calls and SMS.
- Lost Notice – In the event of a lost phone, allows users to send customised message to the person who located the device to have it returned.
- Remote Lock – Users are able to lock the device remotely via the web or SMS to prevent others from accessing the data and information on the device.
- Remote Locate – Pinpoints lost or stolen phones or tablets on a map to help users find their devices fast.
- Remote Wipe – Allows users to wipe data and information in the device, both of which are stored in the internal memory or external memory, via SMS or the web.
The service is available immediately. As an introductory offer, customers who subscribe to Norton Mobile Security will enjoy a 1 month free trial from the time of subscription. All you need to do is sign up via Maxis UMB – Dial *200# from your mobile phone and choose Maxis Secure; or send the respective SMS to 20088:
- 1 week subscription – ON NMS7
- 1 month subscription – ON NM30