Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob has announced that all forms of public transportation are now allowed to operate at full capacity. The decision was made during the Special Ministerial Meeting that was held earlier today on 11 June 2020.
In addition, the services will operate without any time limit – as per usual before the implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO) back in March. However, the minister urged the public to continue adhering to standard operating procedures (SOPs) such as wearing face masks, using disinfectants, maintaining self-distancing, and utilising the MySejahtera application and service.
Public transportation services are also required to comply with the prescribed SOPs to further ensure passenger safety. Additionally, taxis and e-hailing services are now permitted to operate 24-hours as well.
The following are the procedures that have been laid out for each form of transportation:
- Express bus operators are required to check passenger body temperatures first before allowing them to board busses.
- Drivers and passengers must wear face masks at all times. Operators are to provide a face mask to those who do not have one.
- Busses are required to be sanitised after each trip
- Passengers must register themselves via the MySejahtera app before boarding.
Public Buses, Ferries, And Trains
- Passengers are required to use hand sanitisers and wear face masks at all times.
- Passengers must continue to practice social distancing (when standing or seated) while onboard these respective forms of transportation.
- Operators must have their passengers register themselves through MySejahtera before boarding.
- Airline operators must record passenger body temperature in advance before allowing them to board the aircraft.
- All passengers are required to wear face masks.
(Source: RTM [Youtube])