After listening to the feedback of its community, Epic Games announced that it was making some major changes to the way the B.R.U.T.E. mech suits work in the game. The changes, which are already live and available through the latest game patch, significantly reduces the suits’ power and abilities.
The list of changes made to the B.R.U.T.E. mech suit were listed down in an official post titled “B.R.U.T.E. Balance Adjustments”. The list is pretty long, but we’ve managed to condense the changes down below:
- Decreased the maximum amount of rockets fired by the B.R.U.T.E. in a single charge from 10 to 6.
- Decreased the rate at which the rockets are fired from the B.R.U.T.E. by 56%.
- Decreased the radius of the B.R.U.T.E.’s rocket explosion by 42%.
- Increased the dash cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Decreased the velocity gained from boosting while in air by 33%.
- The B.R.U.T.E. no longer grants materials to the driver and passenger when stomping or dashing through the environment.
- Decreased the material cost of using the gunner’s overshield from 200 to 75.
- Increased the Health of the B.R.U.T.E from 1000 to 1250.
In addition to the visible nerfs, Epic has also reduced the spawn rate of the mech suits in all storm circle within normal game modes.
Fortnite kicked off its 10th season at the start of this month, and one of the latest additions it made to the game was the introduction of mech suits as B.R.U.T.E. Reception to the suits were surprisingly negative, with some sources saying the suit gave players an unfair advantage.
For now, it seems the patch has managed to pacify the majority of Fortnite players, with many actually sounding quite pleased with the changes.