Fitbit has announced the new Alta HR fitness tracker. On the whole, it looks like an updated version of the Charge 2. That said, it introduces improved sleep tracking algorithms and technology.
The Alta HR features improved internals that don’t really add new functions to the fitness tracker. Instead, the hardware has been shrunk by 25 percent over the Charge 2. As a result, it should be more comfortable to wear; seeing that it has lost the awkward bulge on its underside.
Functionally, the Alta HR is better equipped to measure sleep cycles. It is capable of recognising the different stages of sleep and provide feedback on sleep patterns. Of course, this also allows it to prompt the wearer on ways to improve their lifestyle.
The Alta HR is available with a variety of bands and in a range of colours. These are:
- Classic trackers with black, blue gray, fuchsia or coral classic fitness wristbands and matching aluminum buckle.
- Special Edition trackers in soft pink classic band with 22k rose gold plated tracker and black classic band with matte gunmetal tracker.
- Luxe leather collection in brown, indigo and lavender with matching buckle.
- Luxe stainless steel bracelet that can stack with your other jewelry.
- Designer collections from PUBLIC SCHOOL, Simply Vera Vera Wang and soon from Tory Burch.
Fitbit already has the classic Alta HR up for pre-order for
$149.95 RM730. The tracker itself will not be available until early April. The special edition rose gold plated tracker is also going for $179.95 RM820. Additional bands cost $29.95 RM130 for the classic bands; $59.95 RM250 for the Luxe Leather bands; and $99.95 RM420 for the Luxe Metal Bracelet.