Google likes making lists, and its latest one happens to be the top ten ads on Youtube Malaysia. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that most of them happen to be Chinese New Year and Hari Raya Aidilfitri messages; since Malaysian companies put the most effort into ads around those particular times of year.
Malaysian Airlines had a good year in terms of advertising, and managed to secure two spots on the top ten list. The airlines’ CNY advertisement wasn’t so much an ad as it was a short film sponsored by MAS; with its Hari Raya ad continuing the trend. In fact, Google notes that the trend seems to be to make short stories that happen to promote a brand. Only one of the top ten ads followed the traditional wisdom of staying below 30 seconds in length. Three of them even make it past the seven minute mark.
“These ads show the amazing creativity alive today in the Malaysian ad industry — and it’s creativity that would not otherwise exist without digital’s “canvas”. Sometimes digital can seem to be all about technology, but the real promise of digital video ads is that it frees up brands and agencies to spend more time doing what they do best — getting creative — leaving computers to figure out the hard stuff like when and where to show an ad,” said Sajith Sivanandan, Managing Director of Google Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines and New Emerging Markets.
We’ve provided a full list of the top ten ads on Youtube Malaysia for 2015, and expect the trend to continue in 2016.
- BLESSINGS, A Malaysian story – #keepflying – Chinese New Year 2015 short film
- #PETRONASRaya 2015: Sampai Hati
- FITRAH, A Malaysian Story – #bettertomorrow – Hari Raya 2015 Short Film
- [Raya 2015] Iklan Aidilfitri Astro Kosong Kosong – Kisah Benar Herman
- Hotlink 恭喜發財: Grannies Sing Ohhsome Hotlink CNY Song!
- Samsung Galaxy Note5 : Official Introduction
- Nestle Koko Krunch | Watch the Minions get up to their usual mischief!
- 2015 Honda HR-V – See Amazing From Every Angle (TVC)
- CLEAR | Pelangi Cinta: Webisod 2 – Cinta Malaysia Berputik
- 刀标油感人短片 – 加油 | Add Oil – A short film by Knife