Think that Apple’s USB Type-C adapters are way too expensive? You are not alone, many Mac users are unhappy that Apple removed the standard USB-A ports on its latest MacBook Pro, forcing users to use adapters instead. Thankfully, Apple is listening, and has given a pretty significant price reduction for selected USB Type-C accessories sold in its store.
Take the USB Type-C adapter for Thunderbolt 3 for example, it was priced at RM229 at launch but Apple has given it a RM90 discount, pricing it at RM139 now. The price of other accessories like USB-C to USB adapter, USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, USB-C to Lightning Cable and USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter have all been reduced as well.
- USB-C to USB Adapter – RM49 (was RM89)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter – RM139 (was RM229)
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter – RM229 (was RM329)
- USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter – RM229 (was RM329)
- USB-C to Lightning (1 m) – RM89 (was RM119)
- USB-C to Lightning (2 m) – RM139 (was RM169)
For those of you who wish to purchase these adapters from Apple, you better do it fast. Apple says that the special discount is only effective until the end of this year, 31 December 2016.
Check out Apple Malaysia’s online store now to find out more.