Wizards of the Coast is back with a new base set for Magic: the Gathering, and we have a special treat for fans of the game. WotC has provided us with five pairs (2) of passes to a special prerelease session. This session is technically a pre-prerelease, as it takes place a couple of days before the official pre-release weekend.
Kaladesh is set on the plane of the same name. First introduced in Magic Origins as the home of the fiery Chandra Nalaar, the world is unusual within the Magic multiverse as spellcasters are a rarity. Instead, the inhabitants turned to machines and automatons to replicate spells and magical artifacts.
The 264 card Kaladesh set will make its debut at PAX West on 2 September, but will only hit stores on 30 September. Lucky winners of this contest will be invited to a special prerelease session to be held on 22 September in Kuala Lumpur; and will be allowed to bring a friend along to join the fun. We’re not saying that you should bring a newbie, but this would be a great way to get them stuck in the game.
All you have to do to stand a chance to experience the debut of Kaladesh before the rest of the world is to answer these simple questions.
Terms and Conditions
1) This contest will run from 15 August to 28 August 2016. Late entries will not be entertained.
2) This contest is open to all members of the public. Employees of Lowyat MSC and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this contest.
3) Winners will be selected based on the most correct answers. In the event of a tie, the winners will be selected by the most creative response to the tie-breaker question.
4) Selection of winners will be based solely at Lowyat.NET’s discretion.
5) Winners will be contacted via email after the contest ends.
6) The Magic: the Gathering Kaladesh prerelease will take place on 22 September. Winners will be notified of the time and place privately.