Why stick to a regular smartphone when you can have a smartphone and an action camera in one? Kyocera recently introduced the DuraForce Pro, the first rugged smartphone with a built-in super wide view Action Camera.
Kyocera says that action cameras have become extremely popular for recreational and business use. The DuraForce Pro allows users to capture all the action without having to carry around a second device. In addition to that, the 5” Full HD viewfinder lets users watch what they are shooting, and after that, they can easily share all videos and photos via 4G LTE; users can even stream the action in real time.
To top that off, the DuraForce Pro is certified to IP68 for dustproofing and waterproofing (up to 2 meters deep for up to 30 minutes), so users can even bring it for a swim. It also has Military Standard 810G for protection against dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, blowing rain, low pressure, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, and such.
Specifications wise, the Kyocera DuraForce Pro isn’t too shabby either. It features a 5” “impact-resistant” Full HD display, and is powered by a Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor paired with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage. Other specs include 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, NFC, 3240mAh QuickCharge 2.0 battery, fingerprint sensor, supports Android for Work, and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
In addition to the Super Wide View FHD Action Camera, DuraForce PRO also integrates the following features:
- Leading security features, including a fingerprint security sensor on the phone’s power button for biometric authentication and FIDO® Certified for simpler, stronger authentication to support popular mPayment/ mCommerce protocols
Cutting-edge connectivity, including enterprise-grade Wi-Fi with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/r/k, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Mobile Hot Spot (for up to ten devices), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, Miracast and USB 2.0
- Enhanced camera features including underwater mode, sports mode, slow motion, time-lapse and other camera filters/applications
Leading-edge performance with a Snapdragon processor and 32GB/2GB of ROM/RAM memory capacity
- Survivability with waterproof, shockproof, dropproof and dustproof capabilities, certified to Ingress Protection (IP) and Military Standard 810G standards for environmental hazards
- Extreme-environment protection, including protection against dust, shock, vibration, extreme temperatures, blowing rain, low pressure, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, immersion, temperature shock and icing/freezing rain
- Impact-resistant 5″ FHD (1920×1080) display designed to survive falls with a hardened, impact-resistant touchscreen
- Continuous productivity across environments with Glove and Wet Touchscreen Operation to allowing the device to be functional even when wet or used with gloved hands
- Enhanced audio experience through 100+dB dual front speakers for improved sound, particularly in noisy environments
Check out Kyocera for more information.