Half the year is gone, and YouTube Malaysia has shared a roundup of the top 10 advertisements from that time. These are the campaigns that resonated most with Malaysian audiences, and are not necessarily limited to those 30 second ads that between people and their videos.
Unsurprisingly, it was the Chinese New Year campaigns that drew the biggest crowds. Showing that Malaysians love their celebration videos. It doesn’t look like any Hari Raya videos made it to the list, but that is likely because they have been moved to the numbers for the second half of the year.
- Petronas – #PETRONAS Chinese New Year 2016: Rubber Boy
- Watsons Malaysia – #HappyBeautifulYear
- McDonalds Malaysia – McDonald’s Angry Birds
- Old Town White Coffee – Promosi OLDTOWN White Coffee Junior Meal Series dan Boboiboy
- BSN Malaysia – Filem Pendek Tahun Baru Cina BSN 2016: Pengacau Raya Cina
- LEGO – Fire – LEGO CITY – Main 1HY16
- Samsung Malaysia – Samsung Galaxy S7 edge: Official Introduction
- Ju Xiang – 聚香肉乾 2016猴年『新年道』
- Gameview International – Romance of Heroes: Official Trailer
- KFC Malaysia – KFC Bucket Sensasi with Crispy Tenders
YouTube is also scheduled to hold its first YouTube Week Malaysia in December and will include the inaugural YouTube Malaysia Ads Awards 2016. The event will also include workshops for budding Youtubers who also want to get started with content creation; although we suspect that there may be a more marketing bent involved.