Ride sharing app Grab just made it more affordable to move around in the Klang Valley, Penang and Johor Bahru. After introducing its 50% off weekend rides recently, it has now extended the offer for weekdays as well.
Starting this week until the end of next week (27 June – 1 July, and 4 – 8 July), all GrabCar economy rides can get 50% off the total fare (up to a maximum of RM6) using the code GRABMYWEEKDAY.
This code is valid for all rides in the Klang Valley, Johor Bahru and Penang, and users can use the code for as many rides as they want when the rides are paid for using credit or debit cards.
Like the weekend code, GRABMYWEEKEND which is valid from 17 June to 10 July, this promotion is particularly useful for going to places where parking will be tough. Those who dread going to a Ramadan bazaar because of the traffic situation now have an affordable and convenient alternative to driving there!
At a time when shopping malls are packed with last-minute Raya shopping, Grab’s promotion saves more than just time spent to look for parking.
Plus, with all the Buka Puasa events taking place, the convenience of not having to drive after a hearty meal is certainly appealing.
That being said, this code will also be particularly useful to those relying on GrabCar for their work commutes. If you use GrabCar to and from work, that’s RM12 saved each day – over the course of two weeks, you’d have saved RM120 from your daily commute.
To use the promo, simply follow these steps:
- Open the Grab app and tap on the GrabCar (Economy) icon at the bottom.
- Key in your pick-up and drop-off location in the respective fields.
- Choose payment method – cash or card. Note that to be eligible for unlimited rides for GRABMYWEEKDAY, you’ll need to use a credit or debit card for payment.
- Enter either GRABMYWEEKDAY or GRABMYWEEKEND in the Promo text box. The final ride fare will be reflected in your e-receipt after your trip.
- Book your ride, and wait for your car!
For more information, please click here.