Great news for Dropbox users who are on the Android platform, the company has just released an update, allowing you to preview documents right from the app, as well as a smarter search function that allows you to find you files easily and quickly.
Available in the Play Store immediately, the new document preview feature allows you to view any Word, PowerPoint or PDF documents without having to leave the Dropbox app. Just tap the document you want and you will be able to see your entire document right on the Dropbox app.
Another important feature in the update is an overhauled search function that makes it a lot easier to search through your files. Just type out the rough name of the file you’re looking for and the app will suggest filenames as you type, and will even highlight potential matches too.
Here’s the full change log of Dropbox v2.4.3 for Android:
- In-app preview of Word, PowerPoint and PDF files
- New search experience that tracks recent queries and shows typeahead suggestions
- View-only permissions for shared folders for Dropbox for Business users
- Cache performance enhancements
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements
Check out the updated Dropbox for Android in the Play Store now.