Back in April, Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has announced that the acclaimed adventure PlayStation 3 game The Last of Us will soon be on its way to PlayStation 4. Called The Last of Us Remastered, the PS4 version of the game brings together several graphical enhancements that takes advantage of the additional firepower from the console such as 1080p resolution, higher frame rate, higher resolution character models, and more.
The Last of Us Remastered also comes together with the game’s Left Behind DLC and the new Grounded Mode difficulty level as well as two multiplayer map packs called Abandoned Territories and Reclaimed Territories. If you are excited for it, be sure to mark this date: 29 July.
This is due the fact that the Singapore branch of SCE Hong Kong (SCEH) who is responsible for all things PlayStation in Malaysia has officially confirmed that The Last of Us Remastered will indeed be made available in our market on 29 July. This is in line with the official announcement at E3 2014 last month.
That’s not all though. SCEH Singapore has also confirmed that The Last of Us Remastered PlayStation 4 bundle pack will be released in Malaysia although slightly later than the game itself on 5 August. Even though there is nothing really special about the pack since it still features a standard PS4 console alongside the game, it might be attractive enough for those that have yet to own a PS4 and are interested to check out The Last of Us at the same time.
Meanwhile, gamers that are interested to get their hands on The Last of Us Remastered are welcome to pre-order it at these participating game stores. Not to forget, pre-order customers will receive these pre-order bonuses:
– 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
– Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
– Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
– Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
– 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
– Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Those who choose to pre-order the download version of the game will receive three additional bonuses on top of what we have already mentioned above:
– Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
– Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
– Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
In terms of pricing, the disc version for The Last of Us Remastered will cost RM 159 while it is also downloadable from PSN Store for RM 130. Additionally, the download price will be made 10% cheaper for PS Plus subscribers from 29 July to 12 August. As for The Last of Us Remastered PS4 Bundle Pack, it is priced at RM 1899.
In case you need further clarification, do get in touch with the participating game stores or through PlayStation Asia’s official Facebook page.