Look who just received a brand new look, Viber just released an update for its iOS app in the App Store, featuring a massive makeover as well as several enhancement. Released last night, the new Viber Version 4.2 for iPhone now comes with a flat and minimalistic design, in-line with the whole iOS 7 design cue.
“Viber has been redesigned from the start for simplicity and ease of use. For our iPhone release, we took our cue from the clean, flat look of iOS 7, we want Viber to feel like a completely seamless part of the device.” – Talmon Marco, CEO of Viber.
On top of a new design, the app now comes with several new features including the ability to send multiple photos and videos at the same time, and create a block of unwanted numbers or contacts.
Other updates include:
- Send longer video messages
- Show status when a user “is typing on” Android Tablet, Linux, Mac, PC or Windows 8
- Bug Fixes
At the same time, Viber also announced that its free mobile messaging app with HD-quality calls is now finally available for BlackBerry 10 users. For the first time ever, BlackBerry 10 users can now enjoy all the goodness Viber has got to offer, including:
- Text with friends in one-on-one or group conversations
- Make free calls with HD sound quality
- Share media content like photos, videos, voice messages, locations, stickers and emoticons
- Push notifications to guarantee that you will never miss a message or call, even when Viber is not activated
With the addition of BlackBerry 10 support, Viber is now available for iPhone, Android phones and tablets, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Windows, Windows 8, Mac, Linux, Symbian, Nokia S40 and Bada devices. Check out Viber to find out more.