Think that your Twitter profile is too boring and plain, and want something a little more in-trend like, Facebook’s Timeline perhaps? Well, no worries because Twitter has just rolled out a new Twitter Profile, making it “easier and more fun” for you to express yourself.
The new layout, as shown above (no, it’s not what you initially thought it was), is currently available to a small group of users and will be rolled out to existing users over the next few weeks. For those who sign up for a new Twitter account today, you will be starting right off with this new Twitter profile.
The main features of the new profile include:
- Best Tweets – Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find
- Pinned Tweets – Pin your favorite Tweet on top of your page so your followers can read it straight away
- Filtered Tweets: Pick which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos or Tweets and replies.
Meanwhile, if you’re curious on what the new profiles offer, check out these web profiles:
- Film stars @zacefron and @channingtatum
- French TV host @nikosaliagas
- Australian Football League @AFL
- First Lady Michelle Obama @flotus
- Brazilian singer, guitarist, and songwriter @gilbertogil
- Boxer @FloydMayweather
- TV star @kerrywashington
- Musicians @JohnLegend and band @weezer