Not too long after the official launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4, the company said that it will release a software update for the Galaxy S3, which will bring in most of the new features that are not hardware-dependent and if you’ve been waiting for it, here it is, the leaked version at least.
Thanks to insiders from Sammobile, they have received the Android 4.2.2 software update for the Samsung Galaxy SIII which brings several Galaxy S4 features such as an updated lockscreen, the new Settings menu, and many more. The update is available for download though, it’s an unofficial and incomplete version. Android 4.2.2 is still under testing phase by Samsung and is expected to be made available in June 2013 but if you are adventurous enough and do not wish to wait, hit the source link for more information.
Meanwhile for the rest of us, Android 4.2.2 for the Samsung Galaxy SIII comes with new enhancements such as:
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, new unlock effect, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes: Adapt display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI
- Addition of Voice controls
- Gallery modes with white background
- Full-screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice
- New smart switch widgets