The minimum requirements for the upcoming blockbuster first-person shooter, “Call of Duty: Ghosts“, has been revealed in NVIDIA’s GeForce website. The next chapter in Activision and developer Infinity Ward’s hugely popular franchise requires a minimum of 6GB of RAM, meaning that it will not support 32-bit PC systems.
The full minimum requirements for CoD: Ghosts for the PC are:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
- RAM: 6 GB RAM
- HDD: 50 GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
- Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- DirectX: 11
- Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
Older PC systems running older versions of DirectX will also not be able to play the game, which requires DirectX 11. Affected systems will be those running on NVIDIA cards earlier than the GeForce 4xx series, or AMD Radeon 5xxx series and earlier. On top of that, the game also requires a whopping 50GB of hard disk space – almost half what most Ultrabooks pack with the standard 128GB SSDs.
“Call of Duty: Ghosts” will be available worldwide from November 5.