So yesterday we found out that the Nokia Lumia 1020 would take the crown as the MOST EXPENSIVE FLAGSHIP SMARTPHONE TO DATE (if you don’t count silly phones like Vertu and what not) at RM2,499 including the camera grip of course. So at Lowyat.NET we were taken aback by the price and naturally we decided to make a list of what you could get instead of paying RM2,499 for a single smartphone and camera grip.
*Disclaimer: This is not meant to be a serious article, in fact we’d like for you to leave a comment and give us suggestions on what ELSE costs less than the Nokia Lumia 1020! We will be updating the list as the day goes on with our favourites!
Without further ado here we go!
1) Either 2 AAPL Stocks Or 112 NOK Stocks
These may actually appreciate in value…
Hit The Jump For The REST Of Our List!
2) Tiffany Somerset Ring – RM2,203
Your girlfriend will thank you.
3) This Saga
Granted, it’s a little worse for wear… But it’s STILL a car!
4) 454 Cans Of RedBull From 7-11 (2 Months Supply for Lowyat.NET HQ) – RM2,497
This MAY not be an exaggeration…
5) Nearly 5 Years Subscription To World Of Warcraft – RM2,478
Or perhaps pay for your friends… Raiding is lonely alone…
6) Samsung 40inch Full HD LED TV – RM2,399
Thats 11 times bigger than the Lumia 1020!
7) 1,190L of RON95 (79 Full Tanks or Half a Year Supply for Chapree’s Bike) – RM2,499
What a strapping young man…
8) 1 BlackBerry Z30 + 1 BlackBerry Z10 + Alicia Keys New Album + UrbanGears Headset + Alicia Keys’ Concert Tickets + A Tent To Camp Out In
9) Lego Mr Gold On Ebay
Seriously. It costs THAT much.
10) The Average Pay Of An Online Tech Writer – RM Less Than That.
Sorry Pang. The truth hurts.
11) 3D2N Stay for 2 at Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket (private pool + 1 bedroom suite) On Groupon
It’s groupon, but still!
12) 1000 Trips From Kelana Jaya to Gombak or Gombak To Kelana Jaya on LRT – RM2,500
That’s a whole lot of trips!
13) 1 Repayment On a 7-Year RM150,000 Car Loan With Mach By Hong Leong Bank – RM2,235
You could be paying off a Ford Focus or something!
14) A Silly Spun Chair By Thomas Heatherwick -RM2,300
15) Deluxe Goin’ Solo Cruise With Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Window From Penang To Krabi via Phuket – RM2,230
Solo cruise doesn’t sound that sad when it’s this luxurious!
16) Almost 3 Surface RTs or 1 Surface Pro
Who wants a Surface RT anyway…
17) 2 Places In the SBTG Sneaker Customization Workshop In Singapore with Mark Ong Including A Pair Of Nike AF-1 White On Whites – RM2,022
Once in a lifetime chance to learn from the best!
18) 1 XBOX 360 + GTA V + Enough shopping money to keep your other half distracted (Amir…)
You know this is exactly what you’d rather buy!
19) Matching iPad Mini Wifi 32GB
20) Almost A Year’s Supply Of Friskies Wet Cat Food – RM2,482
Or you could just feed lots of cats.
1) DenkiZero from our comments says: “With Lumia 1020 price, you are able to pay 8 months for UniFi VIP 20 package, 960GB download volume (if the unlimited download volume apply) and enjoy over 44 channels on HyppTV Mega Pack.”
2) Pegz from our comments says: “rumoured to be enough to hire a hitman “
3) Victor Lai from our comments says “300 (12 oz/Tall) cups (10 months) of Starbucks Freshly Brewed Coffee.”
4) Johan from our comments says: “You can renew your driving license for 76 years, and it will cost less than a Nokia Lumia 1020.”
5) idysurtagem from our comments says: “6 sets of Özil 11 Arsenal jersey with BPL patch based on Protech Kitzone’s price”
6) Haziq from the comments says “a full year of mcchicken burger”
7) Truman6 from the comments says “RM2400 = 160 TGV cinema tickets…means 80 movies for me & gf & thats almost 4-6 years of movie in cinema for me…looooolllll”
8) Zaidi From the Comments says “
You can get Capital to start small online apparel business and get the return for almost RM10K in a month sales. (After that go buy 4 1020 LOL)
Let count 1 shirt is RM5.
Selling Price is RM20.”
9) kira from the comments says: “Nokia Lumia 1020 RM2499=PS4 (around RM1500 – own guess)+decent monitor with HDMI (around RM550) + ps+ membership (RM128) + Watch Dog PS4 game (RM160) + AC4: Black Flag (RM160) + Saving (RM1)”