Special edition releases have become commonplace these days, often accompanying the big budget triple A title launches. In recent memory we’ve seen the popular Call of Duty franchise getting all kinds of special edition packs, such as the “Care Package” for 2012’s Black Ops II which bundles in a drone. Previous bundles for Activision’s older CoD titles also included remote controlled cars, on top of other in-game content.
But Deep Silver’s “Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition” for its Saints Row IV title takes special edition releases to a whole new level of tongue-in-cheek absurdity.
For a cool $1 million, this “Million Dollar Pack” – as it is also called – gives the one lucky owner these items (from The Verge):
- A full sized replica Dubstep Gun
- A full day of spy training
- A trip to space with Virgin Galactic One year’s membership of E25 Super Car Club and a Lamborghini Gallardo to make it worthwhile
- Plastic Surgery of the purchaser’s choice
- A shopping spree with a personal shopper to create the ultimate Planet Saints capsule wardrobe
- 7 nights for two at The Jefferson Hotel in Washington
- Hostage rescue experience A brand new Toyota Prius and insurance to give something back to the environment
- 7 nights stay in the Top Royal Suite at the Burj-al-arab with flights for two
Oh, and a copy of “Saints Row IV: Commander in Chief Edition”. Interestingly, the accumulated costs of the above package is estimated at around $600,000. Whether there will be that one person willing to stump up $1m for the package, however, remains to be seen. There are, of course, other editions of the game for those with more sense than money. Check out the various available editions here.
(Source: The Verge)