MRT Rapid Transit Corporation Sdn Bhd (MRT Corp) has announced that the construction of the Putrajaya Line MRT has been progressing steadily and is nearing completion. It also revealed that the first phase of the new line, two stations in Kwasa Damansara and Kampung Batu Station, is 99% completed and is slated to open by mid-November 2021.
Phase One was originally planned to be completed in July and launched in October this year, but was delayed due to the implementation of the nationwide Movement Control Order (MCO). Prior to this, MRT Corp noted back in April that progress was at 97% completion at the time, with the remaining 3% consisting mostly of testing and commissioning of electrical and mechanical systems.
While its progress towards completion had been slowed down in the months following, MRT CEO Mohd Zarif Hashim explained that the delay also enabled it to extend Phase One’s trial operation period. This allowed operators to further fine tune the line in order to achieve the required level of efficiency upon its launch in November.
📰Siaran Media: FASA SATU MRT LALUAN PUTRAJAYA BAKAL DIBUKA NOVEMBER 2021
Pindaan tarikh disebabkan lanjutan tempoh operasi percubaan akibat PKP 3.0 and PKPD
— MRT Corp (@MRTMalaysia) July 7, 2021
The MRT Putrajaya Line is the second line under the Klang Valley MRT project, which will span across 57.7km from Kwasa Damansara to Putrajaya Sentral, with a total of 36 stations in between – 10 of which will also serve as interchange stations. Phase Two, which will connect Kampung Batu station to Putrajaya Sentral, is scheduled to begin operations in January 2023 – provided there are no further delays, that is.
(Source: MRT Corporation [Twitter] / FMT | Images: MRT Corp)
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.