Major corporations being slapped with lawsuits are nothing new and, frankly speaking, happen more frequently than you think. In the case of Amazon, the online retailer was recently slapped with a lawsuit in the US by a man who claims the company sold him a faulty battery.
According to the plaintiff, Dane Meyer, he says that his garage was burned down in a fire accident last year, brought about by pairing the problematic battery of Chinese origin and pairing it with an incompatible charger. All in all, Meyer is holding Amazon accountable and is seeking US$75000 (~RM327112) in damages. Further, he’s also suing for negligence, failure to warn, and liability, as the box the battery was delivered in had an Amazon logo on it.
Again, this isn’t the first time Amazon has felt the brunt of a legal letter. Back in July last year, a US Circuit Court of Appeals held the company responsible for selling a faulty dog collar; the lady who purchased it claimed that the collar snapped and struck her square in the face, effectively blinding her in one eye.
(Source: The Verge)