[UPDATE @ 6:35pm, 22 December] Reminder! Voting ends at 11:59pm so vote now to stand a chance to win our prizes!
[UPDATE @ 10:15pm, 17 December] Final round of prizes unveiled!
[UPDATE @ 11:00pm, 12 December] We can now announce more prizes!
And so we edge ever closer to the end of another year, but what a year this has been. 2014 saw so many interesting changes in our favourite industry. From the steady adoption of virtual reality to the emergence of Chinese smartphone makers, there was plenty to talk about all year round.
Now, we want to hear from you. As part of the nation’s largest online community, what were the highlights of 2014 for you?
In previous years, the editorial team would release its “Best Of” awards, where each of us made our picks from a selection of categories. This year, we’re opening the opportunity for the voice of the consumers to be heard. Which was the best smartphone of 2014? Which is the best local telco? What was the highlight of 2014?
And, as a token of appreciation, we’ll be selecting random participants in the LYN 2014 Community Choice Awards to receive some interesting prizes! To date, we’ve secured the following to thank you for taking part in the awards:
- GRAMAS iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus cases courtesy of GRAMAS (6 units)
- Various Otterbox iPhone 5/5s/6 protective cases courtesy of Otterbox Malaysia (3 units)
- Invitation to Nando’s #makefriends Dinner on 19 December 2014, courtesy of Nando’s Malaysia (20 pax)
[UPDATE @ 11:00pm, 12 December] New prizes unlocked!
- Klipsch R6i in-ear earphones, courtesy of TC Acoustic Sdn Bhd (3 units)
- Klipsch R6 in-ear earphones, courtesy of TC Acoustic Sdn Bhd (2 units) **We’ve amended an error with the Klipsch earphones, as there are two models instead of one as previously announced.**
- Nokia DC18 Mobile Power Bank (1 unit)
- Nokia Qi Wireless Charging Stand (1 unit)
[UPDATE @ 10:15pm, 17 December] FINAL ROUND OF PRIZES:
- Norton 360 Multi-Device (5 units)
- Microsoft Lumia Christmas Gift Pack, including 1x Nokia Lumia 630 and 1x Holographic Kit…and some Hershey’s chocolates.
Here’s a taste of what you stand to win:
Now, on to the Awards proper. Help us fill in the embedded form below, and we’ll tabulate the data before announcing the Awards winners on 23 December 2014. Readers selected for the Nando’s #makefriends Dinner will be contacted via email on 15 December, while the winners for the remaining prizes will be contacted by 22 December.
Voting for the awards will end at 11:59pm, 22 December 2014, which gives you about two weeks to cast your votes. Share this with your friends, families and everyone you know, and make your voices heard!