It looks like more prepaid users in Malaysia are finally able to enjoy 4G LTE connectivity, Maxis has recently announced that it is offering 4G LTE for its Hotlink prepaid subscribers and in conjunction with its new offering, the telco is offering up to 50% more data when you sign up for a monthly internet pass of 1GB or 3GB.
If you wish to get 4G on your Hotlink number, all you need to do is swap your current Hotlink SIM card to a 4G SIM card for free, and you’ll be able to browse the internet with speeds of up to 75Mbps, that’s about 10 times more than the maximum speed that 3G offers. You can swap your SIM card at selected Maxis Centers, Maxis Exclusive Partners and Hotlink Dealers. Visit Hotlink to check out where you can swap your SIM card for free. Maxis is currently offering 4G to a lot of places around Malaysia including most areas of Klang Valley, Alor Setar, Ipoh, Penang, Melaka, Seremban, Johor Bahru, Kuantan, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching. Check out Maxis for the full coverage area list.
Apart from Hotlink, U Mobile is also offering LTE to its prepaid subscribers but if you’re not up for the mainstream telcos, MVNO telco Altel also offers 4G LTE to its subscribers and should possibly have a better LTE coverage than U Mobile, which was recently launched and is limited to only 4 main areas in Malaysia.
Hit the break for the details or find out more from Hotlink.
- The 50% extra data promotion is valid from 8 January to 28 February 2014 only.
- Top up 1GB (RM30) and get 500MB extra data or top up 3GB (RM68) and get 1.5GB extra data
How to Subscribe
- To enjoy the extra data, simply dial *136*2#, choose “4” for Monthly Mobile Internet 1GB or “5” for Monthly Mobile Internet 3GB
- Dial *100*9#, Under Mobile Internet, choose “1” and select “5” or “6” for 1GB or 3GB of data respectively
- Visit m.maxis.com.my/mi on your mobile browser and purchase the 1GB of 3GB Monthly Mobile Internet pass