Asiasoft recently announced the latest expansion to the massively popular online RPG, Maple Story in a brief preview in Singapore. Titled Justice, this expansion introduces two new class heroes, a new quest, as well as plenty of new features and tweaks in the game.
Read on to find out more on the latest Justice patch, as well as photos from the preview.
As mentioned earlier, the Justice patch introduces two new heroes, which are the Phantom and the ZEN. In addition, there has also been a major revamp in the Thief and Pirate class heroes. At the launch of the new patch, the new ZEN hero class is introduced. The ZEN is a Pirate class hero who joins the quest to avenge his father, and is adept at both short and ranged attacks.
Soon, MapleSEA will introduce the Phantom hero class on the 14th of November. A Thief hero who can steal skills from other classes, the Thief joins the quest to seek revenge for his beloved.
The Justice patch isn’t just about introducing new heroes, of course. MapleSEA has listened to its players (or Maplers) and has done a major revamp on the Thief and Pirate class heroes. In addition, there are also some minor revamps for other jobs in the Legends, Explorer and Resistance classes.
Also available for Maplers now is the introduction of a new Part Time Job System, where players can get their characters to “work” while they are not playing the game. In addition, there is a new Character Card System that enhances the characters’ statistics for better performance within the game.
Finally, MapleSEA will open a new party quest called Azwan Liberation, where Maplers seek to liberate a town from the evil forces controlled by a Black Mage commander. This party quest is also unique in that MapleSEA players can compete with players from other worlds.
To celebrate the launch of the new Justice patch, Asiasoft has also announced its upcoming community activities – lots of it. For starters, the attendees at the preview we attended were mainly MapleSEA gamers personally invited by Asiasoft, as well as contest winners in its Facebook page (we were told that there was one Malaysian who won as well, but refused an interview as he was busy trying out the Justice patch at the preview booths. Seriously, not exaggerating.)
Most of the community activities will run concurrently from now until the end of the year. The activities are:
Fun With Phantom (until 31 December 2012)
– Phantom Quiz: watch the Phantom video to answer the quiz to win yourself an Empress Aria Buddy.
– Phantom Memory Game: play a memory game as quickly as you can to win a Heart of Aria.
ZEN King and Queen (until 31 December 2012)
– Become a game ambassador/blogger and win $1000 every month.
– Open to new MapleSEA gamers only: Simply sign up for a new MapleSEA account and create a ZEN character. Then submit a photo of yourself and a sample of your writing to stand a chance to win.
– Submit your entries by 13 December 2012, and fellow Maplers will vote for TWO ambassadors from the 17th to the 31st December 2012.
Sign Up and Win (until 31 December 2012)
– Simply sign up for a MapleSEA account between 31 October and 31 December 2012, and stand a chance to win awesome gaming gear once you hit certain levels in the game.
MapleSEA BFF Challenge (until 31 December 2012 – 3 phases)
– As the name suggests, create a new Zen and/or Phantom hero with your best gaming buddy, and tell the world what massive Maplers you are.
– Fellow gamers will vote for the best BFFs on Facebook, and the winners will each win a Miracle Scroll for Gun ATT.
Guild Challenge (until 31 December 2012 – 3 phases)
– Best Mentor Guild (5x Miracle Cubes and 1x Vicious Hammer per member)
– Most Popular Guild (Justice Guild Package)
– Luckiest Guild (2000 Maple Points per member)
14 Days Justice Challenge
– Create and play new Justice classes and level up as fast as you can within 14 days to win.
– The top 5 of each gateway with the highest level will win exclusive in-game items (1x Miracle Scroll for Gun ATT, 1x Justice Playing Cards, 1x Merlion Pet Package, 50000 Maple Points).
– ZEN: 31 October – 13 November 2012
– Phantom: 14-28 November 2012
For more information on the Justice patch changelog, head on to their minisite here. MapleSEA’s Facebook page can be found here should you wish to vote, and finally MapleSEA’s website can be accessed here.