Its 5-inch display might be the very reason why the newly announced Samsung Galaxy Grand is named as such but frankly speaking, the display’s resolution is rather disappointing at 800×480 for such a huge display. That being said, the Samsung Galaxy Grand is actually quite a capable device once you looked past its display resolution.
Runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean right out of the box, the smartphone is powered by an (unspecified) dual-core 1.2GHz processor together with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded further via microSD card slot which supports card with storage of up to 64GB. It is also equipped with an 8-megapixels rear camera and 2-megapixels front camera as well as a 2,100mAh battery.
Samsung also pointed out that the new Samsung Galaxy Grand shares quite a number of features with Galaxy S III such as Direct Call, Smart Alert, Popup Video, S Voice and AllShare Play. Not to forget, the device also supports Multi Window functionality.
So far, Samsung has yet to reveal any pricing or release information for the new Galaxy Grand smartphone but the company did mentioned that the dual-SIM version of the device will be released into the market ahead of its single-SIM counterpart. Will it made an appearance at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show 2013 next month? We certainly believe so.
Syefri “Chapree” Zulkefli is an industry mainstay that has made his bones in the eSports, gaming and tech community for almost a decade.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 48310 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33828 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 30401 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26309 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23760 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19603 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19402 Views
Bill Gates says:RM 32,740 for a phone? That's cheap I'll buy a dozen!...
manx95 says:ok that is just crazy......
Shaddy says:How much is it approx?...
morpheus3929 says:"20Mbps on the Yes network." that's the biggest bullshit i've heard in...
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia