The first Samsung Galaxy Note sported a five-inch screen, which sparked a whole new range of large-screened smartphones soon christened as “phablets”. Less than two years later, the phablet has become widely accepted as a perfectly legitimate smartphone size, with Samsung and other companies pushing the boundaries on just how big a phone is socially acceptable.
We saw the Galaxy Note II which increased the screen size by an extra half an inch to 5.5 inches. Back in January, Huawei pushed the boundaries further with the Ascend Mate, which has a 6.1 inch screen. However, it looks like phablet will soon hit another milestone, judging by an accessory for the Samsung Galaxy S4 – which suggests a 6.3-inch screen for the Note III.
Scanning through the Galaxy S4 microsite, there are plenty of accessories for the upcoming flagship from Samsung, including a Game Pad. XBOX 360 controller ripoff arguments aside, it is very intriguing to note that the Game Pad supports screen sizes of up to 6.3 inches. Today, there aren’t any smartphones with that display. Adding further weight is the rumour from December that Samsung are working on the next Galaxy Note which will feature…yup, a 6.3-inch screen.
It certainly looks like the next Galaxy Note will be a pocket-buster in more ways than one.
The latest addition to Lowyat.NET's family is a freshly-converted tech geek and footie fanatic who dabbles with the occasional game or two.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 47729 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33464 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 30208 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26186 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23408 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19542 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19335 Views
dont play play says:dong play play!!! this is james bond phone!! water proof, fire proof, bullet...
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia