The smart watch by G-Shock is finally here, after being delayed for over a year by various factors, the Casio G-Shock GB6900 has finally made its way to the market with a retail price of USD$180. But what is this smart watch all about? With Bluetooth 4.0 on board, it is able to connect with your iPhone (iPhone 4S and above), and show you all the information you need on just your wrist.
The GB6900AA uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to deliver alerts for incoming calls and emails, syncs the time automatically, and provides a Find Me function that lets forgetful people like myself locate their misplaced smartphone. Taking advantage of BLE, the watch can connect wirelessly using an ordinary button-cell battery without consuming any more battery than a conventional wristwatch so if you worried that the connection between your watch and your phone will drain out the battery life on the watch, worry not. The estimated battery life should last approximately 2 years if Bluetooth is turned on for 12 hours a day.
“G-Shock continues to be a leader in cutting-edge technology for timepieces. With the release of the Bluetooth LE Smart Watch collection, we are pushing the boundaries of inspired timepieces for the business savvy, technology conscious consumer.” – Shigenori Itoh, Chairman and CEO of Casio’s Timepieces Division.
Local telco stalker, gadget junkie and mummy to the naughtiest 1 year old in the world.
Find us on Facebook
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 125,663 views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone?2,711 views
- Coming of Age: iOS7 Points the Way to the Future of Mobile Innovation2,129 views
- Malaysia Telco Price Comparison: Samsung Galaxy S41,955 views
- Lowyat.TV: Hands On With iOS 7 – A Preview Of Things To Come1,893 views