It seems like one of the immediate effect of having a new owner is that the Vertu is now able to utilize other mobile operating system apart from Nokia (the company’s previous owner) Symbian. Hence, say hello to the new Vertu Ti – the company’s first ever Android smartphone.
Powered by a dual-core 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, the Vertu Ti runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and is equipped with a 3.7-inch display. It also comes together with 1GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage, 8-megapixels rear autofocus camera with twin LED flash and 1.3-megapixels front-facing camera.
While the technical specifications might sound identical to many mid-end or lower high-end smartphones out there, the company has gone to great length to conceive Ti as a full-fledged luxury device that Vertu is really well-known for. One such example is its casing which is made out of titanium as well as its 3.7-inch display that is crafted from sapphire crystal.
Furthermore, Vertu Ti also comes with stereo speakers that are tuned by Bang & Olufson and “punctuated” by London Symphony Orchestra…whatever that means. On top of all that, each Vertu Ti is hand-assembled by a single craftsman at the company’s headquarters in Hampshire, England.
The price? Depending on your choice of finishing for the device, the Vertu Ti is priced from RM 32,740 (EUR 7,900) up to RM 68,381 (EUR 16,500). With that kind of pricing, the device is certainly out of reach for majority of users out there but if you can afford it, head on to www.vertu.com to get your hands on one.
Syefri “Chapree” Zulkefli is an industry mainstay that has made his bones in the eSports, gaming and tech community for almost a decade.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 46525 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 32639 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 29762 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 25982 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 22127 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19324 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19205 Views
Chief Chapree says:Brick, Celcom user: No updates from Celcom guys as of today. Clearly...
acer Android Apple Asus bb10 Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Lumia 920 Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia