It looks like your dream of owning a flexible display that is truly flexible instead of flexed/curved, has just gotten one step closer thanks to Fujifilm. The company decided that they want to venture out of imaging products and guess what’s the first thing they thought of? Speakers! Using a technology called electroacoustic film, they’ve invented ultra-flat speakers that can be rolled up into a scroll.
The film is made from polymers and ceramics and is able to reproduce the entire spectrum of sounds audible to human ears – from 20Hz to 20kHz. As shown in the demo video below, even when the film is flexed, the audio does not get distorted. The film can even be bent and made into an origami fan (and origami crane!) and will still work perfectly fine.
According to the spokesperson who demonstrated the technology, he suggested that the technology could be used with OLED displays to make retractable devices. Just in case you’re wondering, yes, the same film can even be used as a microphone to convert sound into electronic signals.
[youtube width="600" height="337"]r2hdcmQGzBI[/youtube]
Local telco stalker, gadget junkie and mummy to the naughtiest 1 year old in the world.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 46618 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 32702 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 29784 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 25988 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 22383 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19336 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19209 Views
PeterTechGuy says:@BB10.my But I already used it for a year......
Chief Chapree says:Brick, Celcom user: No updates from Celcom guys as of today. Clearly...
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Lumia 920 Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia