According to a tweet by the Minister of Information, Communications and Culture, Dato’ Seri Utama Dr. Rais Yatim (as shown above), the Cabinet has agree to allow eligible youths of the age 21 to 30 years old with monthly income of under RM 3,000 are able to purchase any given smartphone through the RM 200 smartphone rebate.
While the complete details are yet to be known, this pretty much cancel out one of the most important terms under the newly launched Youth Communication Package which stated that eligible youths are restricted to pre-approved smartphones that are priced under RM 500 through the package.
Even though Dr. Rais stated that this will take place starting from this month onward, we expect MCMC to shed more light on it very soon. Hence, we advise you not to rush off to your favorite smartphone retailer until the revised information on Youth Communication Package are made known to the public.
[Source: Dato' Seri Utama Rais Yatim]
Syefri “Chapree” Zulkefli is an industry mainstay that has made his bones in the eSports, gaming and tech community for almost a decade.
Find us on Facebook
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 126,354 views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone?2,701 views
- Malaysia Telco Price Comparison: Samsung Galaxy S42,034 views
- Coming of Age: iOS7 Points the Way to the Future of Mobile Innovation2,031 views
- First Look: Alcatel One Touch Glory 2 4030, Budget-Oriented Android Jelly Bean Dual-SIM Smartphone1,843 views