Earlier today, BlackBerry Malaysia announced the BlackBerry 10 App Challenge Malaysia, as part of the company’s push to bring more local developers to create locally relevant apps for the Black Berry 10 platform. The Challenge, which is part of BlackBerry and MSC Malaysia Integrated Content Development (ICON) program, will also serve as a means for Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) to discover and draft new local developers under its wing.
More on the BlackBerry 10 App Challenge Malaysia after the break.
The BlackBerry 10 App Challenge Malaysia has two categories: one for members of the public, and another for university students. Teams of three will form and submit a concept of the app, and have their developed apps submitted to BlackBerry World by the end date to be eligible to win. The submitted apps will then be judged by the following criteria:
- Concept – Its appeal to Malaysians.
- BlackBerry 10 Features – Technical optimization of application on BB10 platform, usage of available APIs, extension beyond application.
- Features – Have all the features a user would want for this app.
- User Interface – Its usability, flow, intuitiveness.
The team member in the winning app for the Open category would receive RM5000 and a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, while for the winners of the University Students category, each team member would receive RM3000 and a BlackBerry Z10. There will also be prizes for second-placed teams, as well as consolation prizes.
Interested teams can register from today until the end of April. During that time, the local BlackBerry developer community, BB Malaysian Coders, can be approached to provide assistance by teams to help build their apps. Their applications must be completed by the end of June, and the winning teams will be invited back for the BlackBerry 10 App Challenge Malaysia Final event, to be scheduled sometime in July.
The latest addition to Lowyat.NET's family is a freshly-converted tech geek and footie fanatic who dabbles with the occasional game or two.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 47741 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33469 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 30208 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26187 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23410 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19543 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19336 Views
dont play play says:dong play play!!! this is james bond phone!! water proof, fire proof, bullet...
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia