Yes, more news on shifting movie calendars. Well, what are you going to do? Such is the nature of the world right now. The Coronavirus, Covid-19 pandemic has rattled Hollywood just like it has the rest of the world. Today, Sony Pictures announced a whole load of movies that are getting postponed and they’ve practically postponed their summer of 2020 to 2021.
According to Collider, Ghostbusters: Afterlife has been shifted from July 10, 2020 to March 5, 2021 while Morbius has been moved from July 31, 2020 to March 19, 2021. This is probably a good call to make. If Sony is confident with the summer release date, then they might as well shift it to next year, instead of clashing with the saturated calendar this fall is going to be.
Here are other Sony movies that have been postponed:
Check out the full list of updated release dates below:
- Greyhound (Columbia Pictures) – TBD (from 6/12/2020)
- Fatherhood (Columbia Pictures) – 10/23/2020 (from 1/15/2021)
- Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway (Columbia Pictures) – 1/15/2021 (from 08/07/2020)
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Columbia Pictures) – 03/05/2021 (from 07/10/2020)
- Sony/Marvel Morbius (Columbia Pictures) – 03/19/2021 (from 07/31/2020)
- Uncharted (Columbia Pictures) – 10/8/2021 (from 03/05/2021)
- Untitled Sony Marvel (Columbia Pictures) – TBD (from 10/08/2021)