If you are using an iOS device, it’s time to open up the Settings menu and check for an OTA update. Apple has just released iOS version 8.2 for users that brings the usual bug fixes, stability improvements, and most important of all, support for Apple Watch.
The update is not too big, so you don’t have to worry if your device is running low in space. Once done, you’ll be greeted by a new Apple Watch that syncs with an iPhone which. There’s also a new Activity app for viewing fitness data and achievements from the Apple Watch though, it only appears when an Apple Watch is paired.
Apple also brought some improvements to its Health app. On top of correcting several issues, it also makes things a little user-friendly with the ability to select the unit of measurement for distance, body temperature, height, weight and blood glucose. There is also a new feature that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance and flights climbed.
This release introduces support for Apple Watch, and also includes improvements to the Health app, increased stability and bug fixes.
Apple Watch support
- New Apple Watch app to pair and sync with iPhone, and to customize watch settings
- New Activity app for viewing fitness data and achievements from Apple Watch; appears when Apple Watch is paired
- Available on iPhone 5 and later
Health app improvements
- Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for distance, body temperature, height, weight and blood glucose
- Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
- Includes the ability to add and visualize workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
- Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
- Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
- Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changing data source order
- Fixes an issue where some graphs showed no data values
- Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance and flights climbed
- Increases stability of Mail
- Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
- Improves stability of Music
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
- Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
- Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
- Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
- Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
- Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on device
- Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
- Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
- Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
- Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom recurring meeting to drop from an Exchange calendar
- Fixes a certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
- Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
- Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as ‘Busy’ after accepting an invite
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
iOS 8.2 update is available immediate via OTA, so open your settings menu on your iOS device, open General and perform a Software Update.