Remember the IDrive promotion for Android users, allowing users to pay only USD$0.99/year for up to 100GB of storage space? Well, good news for iOS users because IDrive has just announced the same offer for iOS users. For just $0.99 a year, you’ll get 50GB of backup space and 50GB of sync space; the price is not just a one-time offer, it is valid for as long as your are subscribed to the deal.
Unfortuately though, it appears that if you have already signed up for the Android deal, you can’t sign up again for the same deal using your iOS device, on the same account that is. So if you’re desperate enough for additional storage space on the web, all you need is a valid email address, or get additional space for free when you refer your friends – 1GB per referral.
Once you purchase the 50GB + 50GB of storage space, be it on your Android or iOS device, the extra storage space will be available throughout IDevice on other platforms. IDrive can be accessed from the web, Mac, PC and Windows Phone. With IDrive constantly updating its mobile apps, I think this is a very good deal indeed. IDrive can now:
- Backup and restore contacts, photos, videos and calendar with a single tap
- Sync – upload frequently accessed files to sync between all linked devices
- Selectively backup and restore only the stuffs you need
- Browse files and download photos and videos from all of your linked devices and computers
- Share a single file/folder or multiple files/folders with anyone using a single link. Set permissions and passwords.
- Automatic mobile upload protects your photos and videos as soon as they are taken via wi-fi or cellular data (if you choose).
- Improved gallery features include easy viewing of pictures, rotate option, video play, and more.
- All data is encrypted using 256-bit AES encryption.
- With the optional private key encryption, no one but you can access your data.
- Lock the app with a passcode.
- Unlink a device which is lost or stolen from the app.
Download IDrive on your iOS device now.