Starting from Friday the 5th of April all the way to the 7th, Digi is hosting a HACK!@DGCFC event for all mobile app developers and designers at DiGi’s HQ in Shah Alam. Organized as the second phase of DiGi Challenge for Change, the 3 day Hackathon will see 7 winning ideas from earlier ideation phase now being transformed into apps. The 7 winning ideas were all announced on the 28th of Feb and will all be turned into apps with the theme “Bringing Malaysians Together, One App At A Time”.
The hackathon will include sessions by programme partners and experts to provide insights on a variety of mobile app related topics, including:
• Google Malaysia, featuring latest trends, investments and focus of the Android ecosystem;
• Multimedia Development Corporation’s (MDeC) ICON programme, on spurring entrepreneurship within the mobile developer community;
• UX Malaysia, on designing user experiences that matter;
• App clinics on Android, Windows Phone 8, HTML5, and iOS, with experts from Apptivity Lab and WiredIn;
• Sessions with the 7 Ideation winners to gain more insight into their ideas.
Apps developed from HACK!@DGCFC will be available for download and review by the public until the Application Development phase closes on 30th April 2013. Finally, a panel of judges comprising DiGi’s main programme partners will select seven apps – one from each idea – that best captures the theme of the Challenge in bringing Malaysians together through mobile internet. These winners will be announced at the Challenge For Change finale in end May 2013, and will each walk away with RM25,000 in prize money.
HACK!@DGCFC will be held at DiGi’s headquarters at Lot 10, Jalan Delima 1/1, Subang Hi-Tech Industrial Park. To participate, register at www.dgcfc.my or walk-in and sign-up at DiGi HQ on 5th April 2013 from 4.30pm onwards.