An analyst has confirmed what many have known for some time: Apple’s products inspire amazing customer loyalty. Toni Sacconaghi, an analyst with Bernstein Research, conducted a survey among smartphone users of several platforms, such as Google’s Android, RIM’s BlackBerry, and Microsoft’s Windows Phone. In the survey, respondents from Europe and North America were asked if their next smartphone purchase will be using the same operating system.
The results were actually pretty interesting. A staggering 95% of iPhone users replied that they plan to “repurchase a new iPhone now” , while 85% of iPad owners would like to upgrade to a new one in the future. No such platform commands such brand loyalty, and is credit to the company. Fortune notes that while impressive, the results were not as impressive as what is known as the “high customer repurchase intention” that brands such as Nike commands.
On the other hand, 73% of the Android users surveyed intend to stay on the platform, while RIM manages to eke out 58% of customer loyalty even before their next gen operating system, BlackBerry 10, makes its bow at the end of this month. Things were less rosy for Microsoft’s Windows Phone, however, where a paltry 37% of its users intend to stick to the platform on their next smartphone purchase.
The latest addition to Lowyat.NET's family is a freshly-converted tech geek and footie fanatic who dabbles with the occasional game or two.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 46333 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 32509 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 29671 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 25954 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 21965 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19298 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19178 Views
kamikraze says:In nokia page hardware spec state no dual sim, but in the...
Celcom user says:Today is 18th of May 2013..but there is still no news about...
acer Android Apple Asus bb10 Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Lumia 920 Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia