Sony Xperia ZL “Odin”
2013 not only brought some high-speed cheer as Maxis became the first Malaysian telco to launch the rollout of its LTE infrastructure, but Sony has decided to also jump into the festivities by inadvertently leaking official photos of two of its upcoming “iPhone and Galaxy SIII competitors“, previously codenamed Yuga and Odin.
The Xperia Yuga is set to be unveiled on January 7 as the Xperia Z, while the Xperia Odin will be known as the Xperia ZL. Both smartphones are rumoured to feature 5-inch Full HD screens, and run on the powerful Snapdragon S4 quad-core processor paired with 2GB of RAM, putting the Xperia Z and ZL right up there in terms of specs. In addition, both phones will also sport 13MP Exmor RS cameras, as well as having IP57 qualification for dust and water resistance – which is increasingly seen in more Xperia phones.
Finally, the existence of both smartphones can be all but confirmed with the leak of these images because of the source: both images are hosted on the sonymobile.com domain. Expect to find out more about the Xperia Z and ZL at the Consumer Electronics Show later this month – though I’d personally prefer the Yuga and Odin names to stick over the generic Z and ZL branding.
The latest addition to Lowyat.NET's family is a freshly-converted tech geek and footie fanatic who dabbles with the occasional game or two.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 47655 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33422 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 30183 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26176 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23398 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19522 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19328 Views
dont play play says:dong play play!!! this is james bond phone!! water proof, fire proof, bullet...
abandon abbot says:way overpriced ... in america this model is selling for usd 250...
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia