It’s been only slightly more than one month since the official launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note II and just a couple of weeks since the Malaysian launch but it looks like it’s doing really well with 3 million units sold worldwide. Of course, this is a small number compared to the iPhone 5 which hasn’t even reach our shores yet, as well as the Galaxy S III which sold 30 million units worldwide but it’s a significant milestone for the company and its giant smartphone. When the original Note made its first debut last year, it took four months for the company to sell 2 million units but this time round, it hit a whopping 3 million in about 40 days.
As for the Galaxy S III, the company also announced that it has sold 30 million units so far. The number includes the I9300 as well as carrier specific versions available in specific markets such as the US, Japan and Korea. Just so you know, when the S III was launched here, it had a retail price of RM2,199. The official price then took a slight dip to RM1,999 and now if you frequent phone stalls, you can get it from as low as RM1,699. Our local telcos are also having promotions to get the phone at a cheaper price like Maxis’ recent SurfMore package or you can get it from RM1,099 from DiGi.
Local telco stalker, gadget junkie and mummy to the naughtiest 1 year old in the world.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 47137 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33091 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 29998 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26088 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23266 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19448 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19275 Views
zork says:how about 1tb of cloud storage instead??...
Chief Chapree says:As mentioned in the article, not at this moment....
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia