Talk about putting your money where your mouth is. It’s one thing to have faith in your product, but its another to stake your job and reputation on it. HTC have a lot riding on the new flagship HTC One, it being the saviour phone that is going to lift them out of their financial rut after all. HTC CEO Peter Chou has now come out and said that if the HTC One is not successful, he will step down as CEO. Is this a case of “If xxx happens I’ll eat my shoe” or will he really follow through with his very very ballsy all-in claim?
Now let’s not get ahead of ourselves and assume the worst. HTC has a lot going for it in the fact that the HTC One looks like an incredible device, daresay better than the S4 in some aspects. What they don’t have on their side though, is time. While there are a lot of people speaking praise about the HTC One, the big problem is that it is unlikely that it would arrive in the hands of the consumer in a significant enough time before its arch nemesis the SGS4.
So, what do you think? Has Peter Chou just shot himself in the foot over his gigantic dinosaur sized balls of a claim or will HTC prevail over the slightly lacklustre SGS4? My money is on the HTC One.
Editor / Photographer / Lover Of Corgis / Hater Of Cockroaches / Cook / Not A Chef / Apple User / Sneakerhead / Yoyos / Streetwear / Perfect Consumer / Nomad / Closet Hipster / Redditor /
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 46499 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 32618 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 29756 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 25978 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 22072 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19319 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19199 Views
kamikraze says:In nokia page hardware spec state no dual sim, but in the...
acer Android Apple Asus bb10 Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Lumia 920 Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia