Fresh from its global unveiling at the recent Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, we had a quick encounter with the new Asus FonePad during a tech session with Intel Malaysia earlier today.
Equipped with the new Intel Atom Z2420 system-on-a-chip processor (codenamed Lexington), the tablet with built-in telephony function is powered by the processor’s 1.2GHz single-core HyperThreading-enabled CPU and PowerVR SGX540 GPU. Our time with it was too brief but we managed to run Epic Citadel on the tablet, just to check out the Atom Z2420’s graphics capability:
With a benchmark result that is rated at 50fps, we reckoned that the Intel Atom Z2420 SoC within the new Asus FonePad is certainly packed with significant graphics firepower although it is not enough for us to put a verdict on the new tablet as that would require a proper review. Let’s hope we’ll be able to do that once the tablet arrives into Malaysia – rumoured to be sometime in May 2013.
That being said, we still not yet done with device though. So, stay tuned for our first look with the new Asus FonePad coming your way very soon.
Syefri “Chapree” Zulkefli is an industry mainstay that has made his bones in the eSports, gaming and tech community for almost a decade.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 48141 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33727 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 30348 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26241 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23628 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19586 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19374 Views
Bill Gates says:RM 32,740 for a phone? That's cheap I'll buy a dozen!...
manx95 says:ok that is just crazy......
Shaddy says:How much is it approx?...
morpheus3929 says:"20Mbps on the Yes network." that's the biggest bullshit i've heard in...
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia