Ladies and gentlemen, it appears that it’s time to change your password again because this time, Facebook has been hacked…last month. Last week, the social networking website wrote in a blog post that a month ago, it was hacked by a very “sophisticated attack” when its employees had visited a mobile developer website that was compromised. The blog post went on to announce that the company has fixed the problem as soon as they discovered it. Although Facebook said that there were no evidence that user data were compromised in the attack, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Facebook also mentioned that it’s alone in the attack and has already informed other companies and entities about their discovery.
Last month, Facebook Security discovered that our systems had been targeted in a sophisticated attack. This attack occurred when a handful of employees visited a mobile developer website that was compromised. The compromised website hosted an exploit which then allowed malware to be installed on these employee laptops. The laptops were fully-patched and running up-to-date anti-virus software. As soon as we discovered the presence of the malware, we remediated all infected machines, informed law enforcement, and began a significant investigation that continues to this day. We have no evidence that Facebook user data was compromised in this attack.
Local telco stalker, gadget junkie and mummy to the naughtiest 1 year old in the world.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 47448 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33293 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 30103 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26140 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23336 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19490 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19301 Views
stormlcc says:wow, add RM300 can get a proper laptop with i5 + 4gb...
highbury1913 says:This is horrible news. I was about to get a Nexus 4,...
Edward says:Samsung? Pixel is better....
mahadzira says:how about the review on this new LG Optimus. Hope Lowyat will...
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia